The primary function of the Plant department is to serve the Plant, Equipment and Temporary Works need of Askam Civil Engineering Ltds’ sites.
You will be responsible for Managing all aspects of the Plant Department and this will include but not be limited to:
– The staff who work there – both full time and part-time staff as well as specialist suppliers and subcontractors we use from time to time.
– The Plant, Tools, Materials and Equipment we buy, maintain, hire and sell.
– The buildings, land and other property we use, manage, maintain and improve.
– The Systems, Policies & Procedures we use in Plant Hire.
– Business Development of Plant Hire including planning both short and long term investments for the department.
– Monitoring income and costs.
– Agreeing targets for the department including a Budget for income and capital expenditure
– Preparing a brief monthly report.
We have some good systems in place and areas detailed above that are already well managed. Your role will be to keep that process going and build on it.
You will report to the MD – John Lowery, meeting on a weekly basis to discuss all aspects of Plant Hire, setting medium and long term targets and discussing any problems that you need assistance to resolve.
There are currently two permanent staff at Oakenclough and as a result, in addition to your management duties, this is also a hands-on role. This will involve a wide range of activities including:
– Servicing and maintaining plant
– Loading, off-loading, delivering and collecting plant and equipment from sites
– Maintaining and improving the buildings we use
Your hours of work will be 7:30am to 5pm Mon to Thursday and 7:30am to 4:00pm on Friday.
You will have a 30 minute lunch break.