The project involved the construction of a new compressed natural gas refuelling
Station for CNG. The formation of numerous standalone reinforced concrete bases to support the new equipment with boundary fence encompassing the site. A new HGV access road formed to the North off the existing roundabout situated between Skyline Drive and Omega Boulevard with an exit road onto Skyline drive forming a new junction.
Facts & Figures:
- Largest Compressed Natural Gas Station in Europe
- 10 Refuelling islands on-site
- Capable of filling 12 vehicles simultaneously
- Capacity to fill 800+ HGV’s Daily
- Multiple site users from local area and also passing traffic
- Project Value – £1.35m
- Duration – 24 weeks
Quote from the client:
‘Thanks to all they guys at Askam for the delivery of the CNG filling station at Warrington.
The site management team have been professional, friendly and great communicators throughout.
We look forward to working with you again in the not too distant future!’
Drone footage of the completed station. Credit to CNG for providing it