Are you thinking of starting a career in Civil Engineering but don’t want to go to University? Then a Degree apprenticeship will you give you the opportunity to work with experienced professionals whilst earning a salary and gaining a nationally recognised qualification attending college/university one day per week.
What you’ll need:
- Three A levels at Grades A-C including Mathematics and Physical Science or their equivalent
- Level 3 qualifications, including A levels, NVQ/SVQ Level 3, or a BTEC National
- GCSE Grades C or above in at least 5 subjects including English.
You’re good at:
- Communicating clearly, both written and verbally
- Problem solving
- Practical work
- Getting it right the first time, with good attention to detail
- Works well within a team, but equally on your own
- Using a computer and Microsoft software
What will I be doing?
- Develop an understanding of civil engineering skills, terminology and methodology
- Understand safe working practices, Health and Safety and Construction, design & management (CDM) regulations within the work environment
- Looking at project life cycle of design, construction and maintenance
- Working closely with other teams to meet client requirements
- Working towards your formal qualification
- Keeping a work diary outlining your training progress throughout your apprenticeship
What do we do?
Check out our Website to see the range of projects we get involved in
Askam Civil Engineering Ltd are an equal opportunities employer.